Tuesday 10 May 2016

Top 5 Make up essential tips

Now listen I aint no make-up artist, professional make up connoisseur or even know what makes a great day or night time look...BUT what I am is an everyday girl who loves AFFORDABLE make-up that looks like you just stepped out of a MAC consult. I mainly use drugstore items for everyday and turn it up with a little more expensive items for special occasions. I just find that with the latest trends of make- up it can become quite pricey and I am always in search of a bargain buy.


I am blessed with very good skin and found that over the years I need to preserve my skin for as along as possible. I follow the three step process of exfoliate, cleanse and tone which is part of my daily and nightly routine as recommended for my skin to maintain it.


So here are my top tips for the ordinary everyday girl who likes her face to look polished (not caked)  without it costing her a fortune. I focus on face, lips and eyes as a go to look.


1. Sun Screen before Foundation


Always ,always apply sunscreen to your face even if you are not wearing make-up. I find that because of our climate and harsh sun our skin and face is always exposed to the sun throughout the year. Our "winters" are sometimes unpredictable and on those days when it can be storming in the morning before you leave for work to start your day, by the time lunch time comes around it brings about a ray of sunshine which is when your skin is at its vulnerable stage. I find that even if I have foundation with SPF in it, I still apply sunscreen and I encourage my husbo to do the same. LOL. Any sun screen that has factor 30+ will do but I love Clicks Sunscreen as my go to product which last very long and is so affordable.






Sun screen R34.95




My favourite foundation is LA Girl BB Cream. it is lightweight and only R59.95 available at Dis-chem. I use this for everyday and gives me a minimal make up finished look.


BB Cream R59.95


2. The eyes are the windows to the soul.


Having a good eye liner or eye pencil is always a good investment. I aint fussy about the brand of eye pencil that I need to apply but I love an eye pencil that goes on immediately without me having to apply it three or four times.  
I use to wear my mums KOHL eyeliner for years...you know the one that they bring you from Makkah



remember this..LOL


But these days I gravitate towards an eye pencil that provides a steady and smooth flow that is not blotchy and makes you look like you have demonic eyes..I am quite comfortable with the Catrice eye pencil also available from Dis Chem at R34.95.




Catrice Eye Pencil R34.95




LA GIRL Eye liner R19.95
I find that these fade during the day and that a re-touch is required after 1pm, but its effective and useful for the bargain price. I don't often wear mascara as my eyes are very sensitive when I apply too many things around that area, but when I do indulge I apply it very lightly and swiftly and prefer using a brand that does not blotch - I don't care for volume or length it just needs to make me look bright eyed:)


3. Lips are for kissing.


Make sure to apply the sunscreen to your lips as well to keep it moist and protected, by using a reliable lip balm that wont leave your lips flaky and dry.


Clicks Sun Protect Lip Balm R28.95


I always make it a habit to stop off at Dis- chem for their beauty products sale for great bargains. They have variety on sale from top ends drug store brands to the lower end almost no name brands. I love choosing nude shades for work and day time looks and a bold red or berry lip for night time.


I wont pay more than R30.00 (and that's pushing it) for a lipstick and lip pencil so make sure to check out Dis -chem beauty sale for bargains!! Their FOR SALE lipsticks dont last all day but they are sufficient to get you the polished look on a budget.
And make sure you get a lip pencil that will come a close match your lipstick for a longer lasting effect on your lipstick.


4.  Blush, concealer and Contour


Like I said I am not a make -up professional so these things are a nice to have for us ordinary girls. However if you do venture into this trend then please know what you are doing.
Blush is to be applied on the apple of your cheeks and not on your entire face and use a complimentary colour that suits your face.
Concealer is to highlight, hide and make the appearance flawless overall
Contour  and Bronzer is to intensify hollows of your cheeks and temples to make the appearance look a bit sun kissed.


Blush R47.95


LA Girl Concealer and Contour  R45.95 each at Dis -Chem


5. Invest in a good Make- up remover


Never never go to bed or sleep with make up. Also try to as far as possible to not wear make when you travel by air. Because I am often found on a plane I find that once you are in the air your face feels dry and you need to spritz or moisturise again and especially when you have make -up on, it makes the skin feel even more irritated. 
A big make up NO NO is to always remove your make up when you are ready to go sleep.
I found that Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water a perfect find for removing make up effectively. Best of all is that you get up to 200 uses in a 400ml bottle which means it last so much longer and there is no need to tone or moisturise afterwards. I use the one for normal skin but it is available for sensitive skin too.






Make up remover R79.95




Last tips:  I purposefully didn't include make- up brushes, contouring tips and highlighting kits as part of the tips as these are considered in my opinion as nice to haves and you should have the time to apply them correctly. The essentials listed above are things that I use daily which I am sure you can easily find, apply and afford. Once you have your essentials waxed then focus on the rest. Less is more. Also make sure you give your skin time to breathe by having a completely no make up day and always ensure that you drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.    













Love
Yoems





















No comments:

Post a Comment